3 months, 3 weeks ago pts2grimmParticipant
I have some questions about the Pix Product Filter widget.
Our website will have more than 200 product categories. I want to make it so our can search the parts by selecting Make -> Model -> Category and if it’s possible to add Year or Vehicle Modification.
For now the only way to do such a thing is to create the same attributes and then set to each product the correct attribute and product category.
So my first question is it possible to make an input field which will use the data directly from the product categories instead of having to create all the same attributes and do a double job?
Having so many categories will make the input dropdown block to hide behind the content of the container below, even tho I have set the z-index to 99999. How can I fix this? It happens on both desktop and mobile and only on the Home Page. The filter in the sidebar of the Shop page works correctly. I have attached a picture.
However, the filter in the Shop page adds another field that I can’t trace and can’t find how to remove. I am talking about “Select Restyle”. What is it For and how do I remove it?
Konstantin Al-Niazi2 months, 3 weeks ago pts2grimmParticipant
1. Yes, I want to add one more dropdown list which get info from the website’s categories and not the attributes like I have done now.
2. Thank you! I fixed this.
3. I see, this is a very nice field for car modifications, however it is still now showing on the main landing page even though I have a third level category ( for example “Ford” -> “Mustang” -> “3.7”), while it actually works in the “Shop” page.
How do I add it on the main langing page and how can I rename it to something different than “Restyle”?
Konstantin Al-Niazi2 months, 2 weeks ago Alexey – Support teamKeymaster
Can you give me the site url, admin and ftp access?2 months, 2 weeks ago pts2grimmParticipant
Hey, the details are below.Private Content Hidden2 months ago pts2grimmParticipant
Hey, any update?1 month, 2 weeks ago pts2grimmParticipant
Hello, I am still waiting for your feedback.1 month, 1 week ago Alexey – Support teamKeymaster
Please, update the theme and the PixSettings plugin to the latest version. The following setting should appear https://take.ms/XVa6q1 month, 1 week ago pts2grimmParticipant
1. I updated the PixSettings plugin. Now the “Restyle” field does appear, but when I activate the “Search in Select” option the dropdown field goes out of the frame. This happens only if the “Search in Select” is activated otherwise it works fine.
2. When “Step by step filter” option is activated from the filter settings it makes the input of the restyle field disappear.
3. I still don’t see from where I can rename the fields. I give them custom names in the filter settings but it doesn’t seem to work.
Konstantin Al Niazi3 weeks, 3 days ago Alexey – Support teamKeymaster
3. Fixed1 week, 3 days ago pts2grimmParticipant
Hello and thanks for the above mentioned fixes.
There are few more things i figures out:
1. When you pick your car, the number on the search button, which indicates the available parts in the shop, doesn’t correspond with the number of uploaded items when they are above 15. It is always showing 15 even tho you have larger amount of parts. For example for the selected Opel Insignia… we have 131 parts uploaded, but the button doesn’t show the exact quantity. It is working when you’re having less parts in certain category. (pic. filter_1.png)
2. In the PixSettings’ Shop Menu I am trying to change the number of product columns on the “Shop” page but it doesn’t seem to work. I’ve tried with 3 or 4 columns but in the shop they are always 5. I tried changing Products Per Page to see if this option applies changes on the “Shop” page at all, and it works fine. (pic. pixsettings_1.png)
3. Right now our 4th select field which you choose categories from, is getting the data from the Attributes of the website. So I had to copy the all of the categories in order for this to work. I tried adding new taxonomies but they don’t show up in the filter settings, since they are not treated as Attributes. So, can we add a field for Categories in the filter options? It would be a lot easier to work with. (pic. filter_2.png)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.